How to renew your real estate license in NYS?
- All NYS real estate license renewals must be completed through your eAccessNY account.
- According to Article 12-A of NYS Real Property Law, every agent holding a real estate license must renew their license every two years. Your license expiration date is printed on your real estate license.
- If you fail to renew your license on-time, your license will be considered expired and you will not be able to practice real estate until your license is reinstated.
- If your NY real estate license has been expired for more than 2 years, you must retake the NY state licensing exam and apply for a new real estate license.
- You can renew your license through your eAccessNY account up to 3 months prior to the expiration date.
- Please check out the NYS DOS website to learn how to renew your NYS real estate license.
To see the State requirements regarding licensing laws, please visit the NYS Division of Licensing Services using this link.
How to get your NYS real estate license renewed?
- The course comprises of 9 Chapters that will take 22.5 hours to complete.
- Each Chapter is broken down into Lessons.
- At the end of each chapter is a multiple-choice quiz that you must pass in order to advance to the next chapter.
- The course can be accessed from any computer, tablet, or smartphone 24/7.
- This is an online course that does not require a textbook.
- Upon completion of the entire course, you will earn your Certificate of Completion.